8 CRR-NY 156.9
OFFICIAL COMPILATION OF CODES, RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
TITLE 8. EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
CHAPTER II. REGULATIONS OF THE COMMISSIONER
SUBCHAPTER J. BUILDINGS AND TRANSPORTATION
PART 156. TRANSPORTATION
Current through January 31, 2012
* Section 156.9.* Equipment and other expenses eligible for transportation aid.
For purposes of transportation aid payable pursuant to Education Law, section 3602(7)(b), equipment and other expenses shall be approved in accordance with this section.
(a) Equipment approvable for transportation aid shall include:
(1) vehicles used to transport pupils on a regular basis and items attached to such vehicles; and
(2) items required for the maintenance of such vehicles, whether such items are on or in such vehicles or on or in the garage or facility used to house such vehicles.
(b) Equipment used for transmission of radio communications within the district transportation program and computer data processing equipment for transportation programs shall be eligible for transportation aid only upon prior written approval of the commissioner. Approval of costs for transmission and computer equipment shall be based upon the commissioner's determination of the extent to which such equipment is used for transportation programs.
(c) Equipment eligible for aid pursuant to Education Law, section 3602(6), or any other law, shall not be eligible for aid pursuant to Education Law, section 3602(7)(b), and this section.
(d) Equipment may be approved for aid pursuant to Education Law, section 3602(7)(b), and this section if:
(1) such school bus and garage equipment contributes to the safety of pupils being transported;
(2) the equipment is essential for efficient operation or maintenance of vehicles used for pupil transportation;
(3) the equipment is essential for the conservation of energy; or
(4) the equipment is required by a State agency pursuant to law or regulation.
(e) Other expenses eligible for transportation aid shall include those which are specifically necessary for the efficient management and operation of a pupil transportation system, as approved by the commissioner; provided, however, that legal fees shall not be approved. (f) Only expenses for the items set forth in this section made after June 30, 1982 and approved by the commissioner will be eligible for transportation aid. No expense that is eligible for aid under any other section of law or regulation shall be eligible for aid under this section.