- Selecting Building of Enrollment Code for preschool students with disabilities
- If student is participating in a pre-k or UPK program, location
code is BEDS code of district building or BOCES in which pre-K or
UPK program is provided. If not a district or BOCES building, use
district code ending with “0666”
- If not in pre-K or UPK program, use BEDS code of “coordinating
service provider” or sole preschool special education service
provider. (Use BEDS code of an APPROVED preschool special education
- If no approved preschool special education service provider is
involved, and the county is providing special education service by
contracting with an independent service provider (not an approved
provider), use BEDS code of the county.
- Selecting Building of Enrollment Code for school age students with
- For students with disabilities in BOCES programs, use the generic
12 digit BOCES code that ends with “9000000000”.
- For parentally placed students with disabilities in nonpublic schools
that do not have a BEDS code, district applies to email@example.com for a code.
- For school age students who are instructed full-time in community
based organizations that do not have a BEDS code, district applies
to firstname.lastname@example.org for a code.
- Building of enrollment codes for all approved preschool and school
age special education programs for students with disabilities are posted
at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/SIRS/documentation/location-codes.shtml and at http://www.emsc.nysed.gov/sedcar/locationcodes.html.