List of Pages Recently Updated in the SEDCAR Website
Below are links to the webpages within SEDCAR that have recently been updated, modified or new postings. Items listed below are in date posted order with the most current being on the top and the oldest on the bottom.
To search this document for specific key words press the 'Ctrl' key plus 'F' or select 'Edit' and then 'Find' on the toolbar. In the pop up box type the information you want to find (For example: a specific subject, memo, location code update or even partial information) and click the 'Find Next' button until you find the desired result.
- The RSS feed has been archived for 2012. Please visit http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/rss/archive_rss_2012.html to see what was posted on the RSS feed in 2012.
- The PD Data System has undergone a major redesign. Please click here ( 1,305 kb) for a walkthrough of the new system and to learn about the new enhancements.
- The 2012-13 data requirements page has been posted at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/data.htm.
- A frequently asked questions in the PD Data System document has been posted at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/pdsystemfaq.html.
- The 2012-13 printer friendly table of due dates has been posted at: www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/files/word/due_dates1213.doc.
- The 2010-11 report of the participation of students with disabilities on reading/language arts assessments has been posted at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/state.htm#assessments.
- The 2010-11 report of the participation of students with disabilities on mathematics assessments has been posted at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/state.htm#assessments.
- The 2009-10 report of the participation of Students with Disabilities on asessments has been posted at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/state.htm#assessments.
- A special education calendar of due/important dates has been added to our website. You can access it on the navigation bar on the Calendar option.
- The count of students with disabilities by education setting (Least Restrictive Environment, LRE) for each school district, ages 6-21 as of October 5, 2011 has been posted at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/state.htm#counts_swd.
- The list of districts required to certify VR16 in the 2011-12 school year has been posted. For more information about VR16 please see the template that is posted at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/data.htm.
- The HTML versions of all SEDCAR forms has been posted on the data requirements page. These are templates, please follow the instructions for submitting these verification reports online in the PD Data System.
- The RSS for 2011 has been archived. Please visit: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/rss/archive_rss_2011.html to see any RSS post in 2011.
- The location code page was recently updated, http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/locationcodes.html.
- Letter to NYSAA Teachers asking to assist in completing NCSC surveys has been posted in the 2010-11 communications section.
- The data collection requirements for each type of school have been posted for the 2011-12 school year. These can be found in the 2010-11 communications section.
- The lists of districts by type of school have been updated for the 2011-12 school year. These lists can be found under the references section from SEDCAR's homepage and are under the heading called “SED Codes by LEA Type”
- The 2011-12 special education data requirements page is now available. It contains all the forms and due dates for the 2011-12 school year.
- The federal page has been modofied and now contains the Minimum Per-Pupil Allocations for the 2011-12 school year.
- The federal allocations for Article 81 schools and parentally placed students in non-public schools has been posted at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/federal.htm.
- The count of students with disabilities (SWD) for prior years (2007-08, 2008-09 and 2009-10) by classification rate and by LRE setting have been posted on the state data summaries page: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/state.htm. Currently only the excel files are posted, the HTML versions will be available soon.
- The count of students with disabilities (SWD) as of October 6, 2010 by classification rate and by LRE setting have been posted on the state data summaries page: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/state.htm.
- 2008-09 report of the participation of students with disabilities on Reading/Language Arts and Mathematics Assessments. These reports are in PDF only, HTML versions will be coming soon. These reports are listed at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/state.htm#assessments.
- The number of NYS children and youth with disabilities receiving special education programs and services as of October 6, 2010. Currently these reports are in Excel only, HTML versions will be coming soon. These reports are listed at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/state.htm. The state totals and percentages have also been posted at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/goal2data.htm.
- The location code page was recently updated and the page itself has been reformatted into the new format. This page is listed at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/locationcodes.html.
- The VR10-16 HTML templates have been added to the data reporting requirements page. These templates are listed at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sedcar/data.htm.
- President Obama signed “Rosa ’s Law” which replaces the term “mental retardation” with “intellectual disability” in federal education, health and labor laws. The law states that for purposes of the amended statutes and implementing regulations, a reference to an “ intellectual disability” shall mean a condition previously referred to as “mental retardation” and a reference to “individuals with intellectual disabilities” shall be a reference to those previously referred to as “individuals with mental retardation.” Based on the federal government’s change in terminology, SEDCAR will implement this change for the end of the 2010-11 school year reports and forward. The change will affect the label only and not the code or the definition. The PD 8 and VR 10 for the 2010-11 school year will reflect this change.