Sources of Accessible Instructional Materials
Sources of Accessible Instructional Materials - Word ( 132KB)
*Note: This list is not exhaustive.
Accessible Media Producers
- American Printing House for the Blind
- National Library Service
- Recordings for the Blind and Dyslexic
Make Your Own:
Braille and Large Print Resources:
- Access 20/20 Braille, Large Print, Audio and Disk Access Services
- Access U.S.A. Alternate Media Access Service (including Braille, large print, audio, description, electronic media and signage) or call (800) 263-2750
- Alternate Media Exchange Database (AMEX)
- American Foundation for the Blind
- American Printing House for the Blind (APH) – searchable list for accessible media producers
- Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD)
Large Print Dictionaries and Thesaurus:
Please contact the New York State Resource Center for the Visually Impaired (RCVI) for a more complete listing of resources for Braille and/or Large Print. The RCVI can be reached at 585-343-5384.
The documents posted on this server contain hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. These links and pointers are provided for the user's convenience. The New York State Education Department does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of this outside information. Further, the inclusion of links or pointers to particular items in hypertext is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed, or products or services offered, on these outside sites, or the organizations sponsoring the sites.