Attahcment 2 - Checklist to Determine the Student's Needs as They May Relate to the Need for a One-to-One Aide
Checklist to Determine the Student's Needs as They May Relate to the Need For a One-to-One Aide 1
- Student requires non-medical specialized health care support (e.g., feeding, assistance with braces or prosthesis).2
- Student requires positioning or bracing multiple times daily.
- Student requires health-related interventions multiple times daily.
- Student requires direct assistance with most personal care.
Student presents with serious behavior problems with ongoing (daily) incidents of injurious behaviors to self and/or others or student runs away and student has a functional behavioral assessment and a behavioral intervention plan that is implemented with fidelity.
Student cannot participate in a group without constant verbal and/or physical prompting to stay on task and follow directions.
Inclusion in General Education Classes
- Student needs an adult in constant close proximity for direct instruction.
- Student requires individualized assistance to transition to and from class more than 80 percent of the time.
- Student needs an adult in close proximity to supervise social interactions with peers at all times.
2 Use of one-to-one aides for health related care must be provided consistent with Department guidance http://www.schoolhealthservicesny.com/uploads/nursing_tasks.pdf; http://www.schoolhealthservicesny.com/uploads/March.pdf