The following sections of this document provide guidance on developing, documenting and implementing recommendations for each student’s IEP.
- IEP Identifying Information
- Present Levels of Performance and Individual Needs
- Measurable Post-secondary Goals/Transition Needs
- Measurable Annual Goals, Short-Term Objectives and Benchmarks
- Reporting Progress to Parents
- Recommended Special Education Programs and Services
- Coordinated Set of Transition Activities
- Participation in State and District-wide Assessments
- Participation with Students Without Disabilities
- Placement Recommendation
- IEP Implementation
In general, each chapter presents regulatory requirements, followed by guidance on each of the required components and quality indicators for that section.
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) has developed model Student Information Summary and IEP forms recommended for use by all school districts. A copy of the State Model IEP form may be found at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/specialed/formsnotices/IEP/memo-Jan10.htm. Beginning in the 2011-12 school year and annually thereafter, IEPs developed for NYS students must be on the State developed IEP form.