Attachment B - Checklist for Eligibility for the Compensatory Safety Net Option
Checklist for Eligibility for the Compensatory Safety Net Option - PDF (36 KB)
The student is eligible for the compensatory safety net option if he/she meets ALL of the following requirements.
- The student:
- is classified as a student with a disability and has an individualized education program; or was declassified in grade eight or later and the committee on special education recommended that the student continue to be eligible to graduate with a local diploma through the safety net options; or
- has a Section 504 Accommodation Plan and is recommended for the safety net on his/her Section 504 plan.
- The student earned at least a score of 55 on both the English language arts and math Regents examinations that are required for graduation.
- The student earned a score of 65 or higher on one or more required Regents examinations1to compensate, on a one-to-one basis, for each required Regents examination in which he or she received a score of 45-54.
- The student earned a passing grade, as determined by the school, in the subject area of the required Regents examinations in which he or she received a score of 45-54.
- The student has an attendance rate that was deemed to be satisfactory, based on the district’s or school’s attendance policy, during the school year in which he or she received a score of 45-54 on the required Regents examination.
- The student is relying only on Regents examination scores, and not the Regents Competency Test , to obtain a local diploma.