Indicator 8: Parental Involvement
New York State IDEA Part B State Performance Plan 2005-2010 - Revised February 2013 - PDF (946 KB)
Section of the Indicator 8 from the State Performance Plan Indicator 8: Parental Involvement
- Percent of parents with a child receiving special education services who report that schools facilitated parent involvement as a means of improving services and results for children with disabilities.
Annual Performance Report - February 2013 - Indicator 8
Annual Performance Report - February 2012 - Indicator 8
Annual Performance Report - February 2011 - Indicator 8
Annual Performance Report - February 2010 - Indicator 8
Annual Performance Report - February 2009 - Indicator 8
Data Submission for Indicator 8 Beginning in School Year 2009-10 and Forward
- Beginning 2009-10, the Potsdam Institute for Applied Research (PIAR) at SUNY Potsdam will assist school districts that are scheduled to report on Indicator 8. If you experience technical difficulties with the PIAR web site or with any of the online surveys, please contact PIAR at SUNY Potsdam directly at 888-419-2698 (toll free) or 315-267-3466 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Paper forms to conduct this year’s survey are now available for ordering from PIAR . These surveys are available in multiple languages.
- Sample Letter to Parents from District
- School District Schedule for Data Submission for Federal Indicators 7, 8, 11, 12, 13 and 14
- Calculator to Determine Minimum Sample Size for Indicator 7, Indicator 8, Indicator 11, Indicator 12, Indicator 13, and Indicator 14
- Selecting Samples of Students for Reporting Data on Federal Indicators 7, 8, 11, 12, 13 and 14 (Using Random Number Tables)
Data Submission for Prior Years (2006-07 through 2008-09)
- Indicator 8 - If your school district was required to report on this indicator during 2007-08 or 2008-09, the New York State Education Department (NYSED) contracted with CyberData, Inc.
- Parent Survey - The New York State Education Department collected data for the SPP federal Indicator 8 (parent involvement) from school districts for the 2006-07 school year.
- Information Related to Indicator 8 of the State Performance Plan: Parent Survey - November 2013
- Technical Assistance Document - "SLIIDEA: Increasing Involvement of Parents of Children with Disabilities" PDF (126.78 KB)
- Special Education Parent Centers
- “Educating Our Children Together: A Sourcebook for Effective Family-School-Community Partnerships” PDF (616 KB)