New York State's IDEA Determination under Section 616(d) of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act: Part B
Each year the United States Department of Education makes a determination for each state under section 616(d) of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). The following are considered: the State’s FFY 2007 Annual Performance Report (APR)/State Performance Plan (SPP) submission; information from monitoring visits, including verification reviews, and other public information, such as the State’s performance under any existing special conditions on its FFY 2008 grant or a compliance agreement; longstanding unresolved audit findings; and other State compliance data under IDEA.
- Letter to Commissioner King regarding Determination by the USDOE, Office of Special Education Programs (June 2014) PDF Only (132 KB)
- New York Part B FFY 2012 SPP/APR Response Table - PDF Only (243 KB)
- How the Department Made Determinations under Section 616(d) of IDEA in 2014: Part B - PDF Only (236 KB)
- Data Display: New York - Identification of Children with Disabilities - PDF Only (274 KB)
- New York Part B - Compliance Matrix - EXCEL only ( 101 KB)