Who may initiate a referral?*

  • Referral for initial evaluations

    • Parent

    • School District or designee of State educational agency responsible for education of the student

  • Request for referrals

    • Professional staff members of district student resides in or private school student attends

    • Physician

    • Judicial officer

    • Commissioner or designee of public agency responsible for welfare or health of children

    • Student, age 18 or emancipated minor