- Mini-Lesson for: ________________________________________________________________________________
- Unit Theme: ___________________________________________________________________________________
- Essential Question: _____________________________________________________________________________
- Text Title/Genre: _______________________________________________________________________________
- Essential Skill or Concept:Pre-assessment: When we target an essential skill or concept, we need to know our students' skill level(s) and what the chosen text(s) warrants.
- Strategy:Mini-Lesson Outline: Using the strategy, how will we accomplish the following?
- How will I introduce and explain this strategy so that students will understand the how and why?(inductive method, mini-lecture, demonstration, notes, etc.)
- How will I model this strategy for my students? (exemplars and/or demonstrations)
- How will I provide opportunities for guided practice?
- How will I monitor/gauge students' understanding of the strategy and the skill it develops? (formative assessment)
- How will I determine student readiness?
- Using real texts, how will students independently practice using the strategy and the skill it targets?
- How will I adapt or differentiate this lesson for grade and skill level?
- How will I engage students in a reflection of how this strategy has developed this particular skill and how it has helped each of them become a more effective reader?