Who may initiate a referral?

  • Referral for initial evaluations

    • Parent

    • School District or Commissioner or designee of public agency responsible for providing education to students with disabilities

  • Request for referrals

    • Professional staff members of the district the student resides in or private school student attends

    • Physician

    • Judicial officer

    • Student, age 18 or emancipated minor