21st Century Community Learning Centers is a federally-funded program which supports the creation of community learning centers that operate programs for students, particularly those who attend high-poverty and low-performing schools, and their families. By providing tutoring and other academic enrichment activities along with a broad array of youth development opportunities that complement their regular academic programs, these centers help students meet state and local student standards in core academic subjects, such as English language arts and math. In addition, literacy and other educational services are offered to families of students participating in the program.
10/21/16 - NYSED is extending the application deadline to (noon). NYSED has also amended the M/WBE Goal Calculation Worksheet. Please discard the previous version of the Worksheet and follow the revised instructions to complete the form.
- Webinar in PDF ( 5.55 MB)
- The New York State Education Department (NYSED) has announced a new funding opportunity. This RFP is titled: 2017-2022 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant Application
- Applications will be submitted online via FluidReview: http://nysed-expandedlearning.fluidreview.com/
- A Mandatory Notice of Intent is due no later than October 31, 2016 via FluidReview.
- Completed applications must be submitted via FluidReview by 12 p.m. on November 21, 2016.
- Documents requiring an ink signature must be postmarked no later than November 21, 2016.
- Questions regarding this Request for Proposal must be submitted by email to 21CRFP@nysed.gov no later than October 11, 2016. Questions and Answers will be posted to http://www.p12.nysed.gov/funding/2017-2022-21st-cclc/home.html by October 26, 2016.
- For additional information, please review the complete RFP at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/funding/2017-2022-21st-cclc/home.html
The purpose of the 21st CCLC Technical Assistance Resource Centers is to provide ongoing support to all grantees to improve the quality of their programs and, in turn, improve the academic, social and emotional outcomes of students and the literacy of participant’s families.
New York City Resource Center
The New York City Department of Education serves as the Resource Center in New York City (NYC), providing services to all NYC based grantees.
Rest of State Resource Center
The Ulster Board of Cooperative Services serves as the Resource Center serving grantees outside of New York City, in the rest of the state.
All states are required by the United States Department of Education to have a State Level Evaluator for the 21st CCLC program. The purpose of the evaluator is to assess the extent to which the state-level expected program outcomes have been achieved. The results of state level evaluation will be used to guide the Department’s efforts to: direct and improve its administration of the program; provide assistance to local grantees; and to improve program quality and outcomes for participating students. Research Works, Incorporated serves as New York’s current State Level Evaluator.
State Evaluation Design: 2012-2013 ( 76.98 KB)
Statewide Evaluation Summary: 2006-2011 ( 976.14 KB)
The New York State 21st Century Community Learning Centers Evaluation Manual: Effective July 1, 2013
The Evaluation Manual contains local program evaluation requirements that are consistent throughout the state, while encouraging individualized evaluation processes suited to local programs and their contexts. The requirements support high quality programming, which in turn helps ensure support of positive student academic, social-emotional, and behavioral outcomes.
The requirements for 21st Century evaluation, beginning July 1, 2013, include:
- Evaluability Process (to review goals, objectives and fidelity to original grant proposal, discuss program timeline, and ensure that the program is ready to be evaluated)
- Interim evaluation report
- Evaluator attendance at quarterly advisory meetings
- Point of service quality reviews (two required site visits per year)
- Student survey (standardized survey for a sample of programs each year, survey of choice for others)
- Annual evaluation report
- 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant Awards - Round 1
- 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant Awards - Round 2
- 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant Awards - Round 3
- 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant Awards - Round 4
- 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant Awards - Round 5
- 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant Awards - Round 5B
- 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant Awards ( 67.50 KB) - Round 6
If you don't find what you are looking for, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org