Community Schools Grant Initiative (CSGI)
Community Schools are public schools that emphasize family engagement, strong community partnerships and additional supports for students and families. Community Schools are designed to counter environmental factors that impede student achievement. Fundamentally, Community Schools coordinate and maximize public, non-profit and private resources to deliver critical services to students and their families, thereby increasing student achievement and generating other positive outcomes. Learn more about Community Schools here.
News & Updates
- Community Schools Set-Aside Pursuant to the 2016-17 Enacted State Budget (6/13/2016)
- Download resources from the May 14&15, 2015 Community Schools Grant Initiative Grantee Convening.
- Click here for the archived recording of the webinar, "The Role of the Community School Coordinator." Speakers were Lukas Weinstein, Director of Special Projects, National Center for Community Schools, and Nilka Rivera, MS 376 Community School Coordinator, YMCA of Greater New York. Recorded Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015.
- New York State Agency Contacts and Resources
- Download resources from the May 8, 2014 Community Schools Grant Initiative Grantee Convening.
- Learn more about Community Schools here.
Comments, concerns or questions? Contact us.