Extended School Day/School Violence Prevention (ESD/SVP)
This state-funded program supports collaborative projects that address the problem of school violence through extended school day programs and/or other school violence prevention strategies/resources. These collaborative projects can be initiated either by a school district or by community-based organizations. A comprehensive approach is encouraged which focuses on creating and maintaining a school culture of support, safety and security. Priority is given to high needs school districts since they often have poor school performance and a high frequency of violent incidents.
On October 22 and 23, 2012 the ESD/SVP Coordinator's had their Annual Coordinator's meeting in Albany. The following are the presentations and handouts that were given throughout the day.
Monday, October 22:
Be Like 'Gardner' and Help Your Students 'Bloom'
- Bloom's Verbs ( 10.94 KB)
- GCD Program Components' Alignment to Gardner & Bloom ( 14.78 KB)
- Howard Gardner’s Nine Intelligences ( 37.55 KB)
- The Geriatric Career Development Program ( 5.29 KB)
Tuesday, October 23:
Addressing Inter-and Intra- Cultural Issues in Delivering ESD/SVP Programs
Dr. Lawrence Shulman
- Supervision of Front-Line Staff: Addressing Inter- and Intra-Cultural Issues in ESD and SVP Programs in the Schools ( 65.61 KB)
- Addressing Inter- and Intra-Cultural Issues In Delivering ESD and SVP Prevention Programs in the Schools ( 53.64 KB)
- Examples for Inter- and Intra-Cultural Presentation ( 121.60 KB)
- Collaborating With Families: Family-School-Community Partnerships in Afterschool Programs ( 4.2 MB)
- (The following information is NOT for duplication)
- Dynamics and Skills of Group Counseling Part 1 ( 948.19 KB)
- Dynamics and Skills of Group Counseling Part 2 ( 572.89 KB)
- Sample Lesson Plan: Passport to the World ( 78.35 KB)
- Sample Lesson Plan: Engineering Day 2 ( 108.60 KB)
Afterschool Pathfinder is a career-building website for New Yorkers who work with and inspire youth.
Dignity for All Students Act - Resources
Additional ESD/SVP information:
2011-2012 ESD/SVP Annual Program Report
Please click on the above link to complete the ESD/SVP annual program report.
Must be submitted by July 30, 2012
ESD/SVP Fiscal ( 152.0 KB)