Section 3217, Title IV, Article 65, Part I
Sec. 3217. Procedure for issuance of employment certificates.
- An application for an employment certificate shall be made by a minor on a form prescribed by the commissioner of education.
- Before issuing an employment certificate the issuing official shall
require the minor to submit the following:
- Evidence of age;
- Written consent of the parent or guardian;
- A certificate of physical fitness; and
- If the application is for a full-time employment certificate,
a schooling record. In addition, in a city or school district
which, pursuant to section thirty-two hundred five, subdivision
three, of this article, requires minors from sixteen to seventeen
years of age who are not employed to attend school, the certificating
official shall require a minor applying for a full-time employment
certificate to submit the following:
- A pledge of employment; and
- A schooling record.