Section 3226 - Title IV, Article 65, Part I
Sec. 3226. Farm work permits.
- A farm work permit may be issued to a minor fourteen or fifteen years of age authorizing employment in farm service.
- A farm work permit also may be issued to a minor over twelve years of age for employment in assisting in the hand work harvest of berries, fruits and vegetables pursuant to paragraph e of subdivision two of section one hundred thirty of the labor law.
- To obtain a farm work permit a minor shall present to the issuing
officer the following:
- Evidence of age;
- Written consent of the parent or guardian; and
- A certificate of physical fitness.
- Such permit shall be valid only when signed by the employer and subject only to the condition that it shall not be valid for work in or in connection with a factory.
- A farm work permit shall not be required for the employment of a minor sixteen years of age or over in farm service.