Section 3241 - Chapter 16, Title IV, Article 65, Part II
Sec. 3241. School census in cities, except in cities having a population of one hundred twenty-five thousand or more.
- The board of education of each city, except in cities having a population of one hundred twenty-five thousand or more, shall constitute a permanent census board in such city. Such board shall, under its regulations, cause a census of the children in its city to be taken and to be amended from day to day, as changes of residence shall occur among persons in such cities within the ages prescribed in subdivision two of this section and as other persons shall come within the ages prescribed therein and as other persons within such ages shall become residents of such cities, so that there shall always be on file with such board a complete census giving the facts and information required in subdivision two of this section.
- Such census shall include all persons between birth and eighteen years of age and in the case of physically or mentally handicapped children between birth and twenty-one years of age, their names, their respective residences by street and number, the day of the month and the year of their birth, the names of the persons in parental relation to them, such information relating to physical or mental defects, to illiteracy, to employment and to the enforcement of the law relating to child labor and compulsory education as the education department and the board of education of each such city shall require and also such further information as such board of education shall require.
- Such board shall provide to the commissioner of education upon written request therefore and in such form as shall be prescribed by him, a report containing the names, ages and addresses of those children who are blind or deaf and those having serious physical or mental defects. In addition such report shall indicate whether such children are being educated within the public schools of the district or, if they are not, where such education is being furnished them.
- It shall be the duty of persons in parental
relation to any person between such ages residing within the
limits of any such city to make such reports as the board of
education of such city shall require. Such reports shall contain
the following information:
- Two weeks before any child shall become of the compulsory school age, the name of such child, its residence, the name of the person or persons in parental relation thereto, and the name and location of the school to which such child shall have been or shall be sent as a pupil.
- In case a child of compulsory school age shall, for any cause, be removed from one school and sent to another school, or sent to work in accordance with the labor law, all the facts in relation thereto.
- In case the residence of a child shall be removed from one police precinct to another police precinct, the new residence and the other facts required in paragraphs a and b of this subdivision.
- In case a child between birth and eighteen years of age shall become a resident of such city for the first time, the name, residence and such other facts as the board of education shall require.