Summer school provided by school districts, Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) or nonpublic schools is an opportunity for students to take courses for enrichment, acceleration, and make up course work from the regular school year. Any course that could have been offered during the regular school year including courses to prepare for examinations such as the Regents examinations or Regents Competency Tests (RCT) can be offered in summer school. Summer school is also an excellent vehicle for delivering Academic Intervention Services (AIS).
- Handbook for Summer School Administrators and Principals 2016 ( 441 KB)
- Click here for August Regents Exam Schedule
- Memo Regarding Revision to the Scoring Policy for Regents Examinations ( 49.49 KB)
- Memo Regarding Changes in Assessments Beginning in the 2011-12 School Year ( 60.04 KB)
- Information on Summer School Driver Education