Online and Blended Learning in New York State
This information is provided to inform parents, prospective students, school administrators and teachers about statutes and regulations and other related requirements governing the provision of online and blended coursework in New York State.
- Section 100.5 (d)(10) of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, Relating to Credit for Online and Blended Coursework PDF /Word (June, 2011)
- Section 100.5(d)(9) of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education relating to Credit for Independent Study PDF /Word (July 2010)
- Section 100.5(d)(8) of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, relating to Making Up Course Credit PDF /Word (April 2010)
- Section 100.5 (d)(1) of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, Relating to Credit by Examination
The purpose of this guidance is to answer questions that educators, administrators, and community stakeholders may have about Part 100 Regulations of the Commissioner of Education regarding options for earning units of credit through online and blended learning. We look forward to receiving further questions and will continue to update this Q & A.
- International Association for K-12 Online Learning (iNACOL)
- NROC Project (formerly National Repository of Online Courses hosted by Monterey Institute)
New York State