Funding for Educational Technology
Funding to support Education Technology programs comes in three different forms - grants, state aid and through bond referenda, and can be accessed from three primary sources:
- Federal and State government grants and initiatives
- New York State Aid administered by the New York State Education
- New York State Smart Schools Bond Act (SSBA) - approved in November, 2014
- Funding Matrix (70.58 KB) - Can help districts leverage existing state and federal resources by graphically depicting how different funding streams can be used to support complementary school purchases.
Fed Advisory :
- Creative Ways to Leverage Existing ESEA and IDEA federal grant funds (768KB) to support innovative technology-based strategies to personalize learning.