Definitions and Terminology of Educational Technology and Technology Education
- Technology - The innovation, change, or modification of the natural environment to satisfy perceived human needs and wants.
- Educational (instructional) technology - 1. The study of computers and other media. 2. The use of technological developments, such as computers, audiovisual equipment, and mass media, as tools to enhance and optimize the teaching and learning environment in all school subjects, including technology education.
- Technology education - A school subject specifically designed to help students develop technological literacy.
- MST Standard 5- Technology Students will apply technological knowledge and skills to design, construct, use, and evaluate products and systems to satisfy human and environmental needs.
- C.R. 100.4 (a)(1) Technology education means a program of instruction designed to assist all students in meeting State intermediate standards for technology. Technology education uses concepts of science, mathematics, social science, and language arts in a hands-on, systems-based approach to problem solving that guides students in the understanding, design and development of systems, devices and products to serve human needs and wants.
|Educational Technology (Information Technology)||Technology Education (Technological Studies)|