Definitions and Terminology of Educational Technology and Technology Education
- Technology - 1. Human innovation in action that involves the generation of knowledge and processes to develop systems that solve problems and extend human capabilities. 2. The innovation, change, or modification of the natural environment to satisfy perceived human needs and wants.
- Educational technology - Using multimedia technologies or audiovisual aids as a tool to enhance the teaching and learning process.
- Technology education - A study of technology, which provides an opportunity for students to learn about the processes and knowledge related to technology that are needed to solve problems and extend human capabilities.
- MST Standard 5- Technology Students will apply technological knowledge and skills to design, construct, use, and evaluate products and systems to satisfy human and environmental needs.
- C.R. 100.4 (a)(1) Technology education means a program of instruction designed to assist all students in meeting State intermediate standards for technology. Technology education uses concepts of science, mathematics, social science, and language arts in a hands-on, systems-based approach to problem solving that guides students in the understanding, design and development of systems, devices and products to serve human needs and wants.
|Educational Technology (Information Technology)||Technology Education (Technological Studies)|