Education Technology Programs and Initiatives
Educational Design and Technology administers a number of programs and implements several initiatives designed to foster and support the increased utilization of technology to foster improved student achievement.
- Technology Planning - District Instructional Technology Plans - PORTAL IS NOW OPEN!
- E-Rate - The FCC Universal Service Order implementing the Telecommunications Act of 1996, commonly referred to as "E- Rate," ensures that all eligible schools and libraries have affordable access to the internet, modern telecommunications and information services
- LTG - Learning Technology Grant Program
- Virtual Advanced Placement (VAP) Program - part of NYSED's Race to the Top initiative (through 6.30.2015)
- VAP Course Repository - Under development
- Other Programs - Other educational programs designed to promote the use of technology for teaching and learning in school
Legacy Programs (for reference purposes)
- New York State School Technology Voucher Program (NYS-STVP) (aka "Microsoft Settlement")