Key NYSED Information For School Business Officials
1) What submissions to SED are required to receive State Aid? Who are the SED contacts for these submissions?
2) What are the deadlines for these submissions? Who are the SED contacts for these submissions?
3) How can I find a list of capital projects for my district and when final cost reports are due?
www.emsc.nysed.gov/facplan/WhatsNewItems/fcrdue.htm (final cost reports)
4) Where can I view my district's State Aid calculations?
5) What happens if I don't spend all of my Contract for Excellence money as planned?
6) Where can I find information about grants including the status of a grant I have applied for?
7) Where can I find a list of all plans, applications and reports that are due from school districts to NYSED each year?
8) What are the most common mistakes districts make with pupil transportation contracts that will affect their transportation aid?
Other Key Information
9) How much EXCEL Aid has been certified for my district and how much remains to be claimed? Click on: https://stateaid.nysed.gov type in district name or code, click on the URL and scroll down to the report “District Level EXCEL Cover Sheet.”
10) Where are the State Aid formulas explained?
11)How can I project my district's fund balance and cash flow?
Fund Balance Management Guidance
http://www.p12.nysed.gov/mgtserv/accounting/docs/cashflow.doc Investment and Cash Flow Document
12)Where can I learn about purchasing procedures?
13)Where can I find guidance about extra classroom activities?
14)How can I learn more about fiscal accountability requirements for my district?
http://www.p12.nysed.gov/mgtserv/accounting/accountability_legislation05.htm - Summary of Legislation
15)How do I learn about Internal Auditing, Claims Auditing, and the Audit Committee?
16)Where can I find guidance on auditing requirements?
17)Where are budget deadlines?