- Special education preschool outcomes data are collected through the Assessment Fact template. Child Outcomes Summary Form (COSF) has been added as a test group for preschool students with disabilities. This is End Of Year reporting.
- To be reported by school districts assigned to report on State Performance Plan Indicator 7 for the 2007-08 school year.
- Report on preschool children who received an initial evaluation on March 1, 2006 or later, received at least 6 months of preschool special education service, and left preschool special education between September 1, 2007 and August 31, 2008. For the 2008-2009 school year, school districts that are assigned to report on Indicator 7 will be asked to report on children who left preschool special education between July 1, 2008 and June 30, 2009.
- Report on all children who meet the above criteria, even if only partial information is available on some children (e.g., entry level assessment results only or exit level assessment results only). The students with partial data will appear in the list of excluded students in the reports, however, the size of this population will provide useful information to the Department.
- Nationally standardized rating scale- Child Outcomes Summary Form. Children are evaluated at entry into preschool and at exit from preschool. Scale from 1-7, measures how close children are to the functional level of typically developing children in three early childhood outcome areas. This indicator is about the amount of progress children make between entry into and exit from preschool special education.