Special Education Data Collection Through SIRS in 2007-08 School Year

Student IDs

  • Student ID’s for all preschool and school-age students who are referred to the CPSE or CSE for eligibility determination or who are provided special education services.

Who Submits Special Education Records?

  • Special education records must be submitted by the following entities for students for whom they have CPSE or CSE responsibility:

    • School districts
    • State agencies with educational programs
    • Child care institutions with affiliated schools (for students placed by courts and social service agencies)
    • NYS School for the Blind
    • NYS School for the Deaf

- 6 -