VADIR - Violent and Disruptive Incident Reporting
Each school district is required to submit Violent and Disruptive Incident Reports (VADIR) for each school building on an annual basis. Information on this page provides links to VADIR data reported by the schools, and provides resource documents to help school staff complete the necessary forms.
- Violent and Disruptive Incident Reports for incidents that occurred during the school year are due to the New York State Education Department on September 30 of the following school year. Data are to be reported via the BEDS Online Internet application. Updated submission deadlines, forms and directions can be found at:
- NYS Center for School Safety VADIR page: http://nyscenterforschoolsafety.org/vadir.html
- 2014-2015 Newly-Designated Persistently Dangerous Schools (143KB)
- 2014-2015 Persistently Dangerous Schools Carried Over from Previous Years (56KB)
- 2014-2015 Schools Petitioning and Recommended for Removal from Persistently Dangerous School Status (58KB)
- VADIR Data for New York City and Rest of State
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers Regarding VADIR Reporting - ( 71.25 KB)
- Glossary of Terms
- Directions and forms for completing the Summary of Violent and Disruptive Incidents Form can be found at NYSED’s Information and Reporting Services (IRS) web page.
- Weighted Incident Exemption Process (WIEP) ( 104.0 KB) - instructions and forms – WIEP is the process by which a school district may demonstrates that it should not be designated as persistently dangerous because some or all of the violent incidents reported in the VADIR summary form were allegedly directly related to a student offender’s and/or offenders’ disability.
- VADIR Software Programs and Applications
Field Site Visit Forms:
- Incident Reduction Plan (Template) ( 43.0 KB)
- Code of Conduct Checklist ( 111.0 KB)
- Building Level School Safety Plan Checklist Cover Sheet Rev ( 34.5 KB)
- Building Level Safety Plan Checklist ( 121.0 KB)
- District Wide Safety Plan Checklist ( 119.0 KB)
- Unsafe School Choice Regulation (8 NYCRR §120.5) ( 43.5 KB)
- Providing a Safe Public School Choice Option to Students Who Have Been Victims of a Violent Criminal Offense August 2002 Field Memo
- Relevant Portions of Chapter 425
- Violent and Disruptive Incident Reporting (VADIR) PowerPoint ( 2.24 MB)
- Link to the NYS Center for School Safety VADIR page: http://nyscenterforschoolsafety.org/vadir.html