School District Organization
The School District Organization unit is responsible for all aspects of the school district reorganization process. This includes:
• Answering questions from the public
• Analyzing and commenting on school district organization issues
• Providing technical assistance to districts studying reorganization
• Working with SED Office of Counsel on the preparation of legal materials
• Oversight of statutory votes.
Study on the Location Of The Supervisory District/BOCES Of The Proposed St. Johnsville-Oppenheim-Ephratah Central School District (619KB)
In addition, staff works with District Superintendents of the Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), and school districts, on boundary determination and boundary alteration.
- Guide to the Reorganization of School Districts in New York State
- New DS Training - School District Organization, Reorganization and Boundary Determinations/Alterations (114KB)
- Non-Operating School Districts and Tuitioning out of Students (238KB)
- Procedures for Alteration of School District Boundaries
- Procedures for Determination of School District Boundaries
- Reorganization of School Districts in New York State (102KB)