New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT)
General Information — 2013
The New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT) is designed to annually assess the English proficiency of all English language learners enrolled in Grades K–12 in New York State schools. The exam gives the State and schools important information about the English language development of English language learners (ELLs), and is part of the State's compliance with federal laws that mandate the annual assessing and tracking of English proficiency of English language learners. Read more (45 Kb) ...
Guide to the 2013 NYSESLAT (690 Kb)
|Grade||Student Booklets||Directions for Administration|
|Kindergarten||PDF (748 Kb)||PDF (816 Kb)|
|1 — 2||PDF (1.4 Mb)||PDF (1.5 Mb)|
|3 — 4||PDF (1.5 Mb)||PDF (2.3 Mb)|
|5 — 6||PDF (1.2 Mb)||PDF (2.5 Mb)|
|7 — 8||PDF (1.1 Mb)||PDF (2.9 Mb)|
|9 — 12||PDF (1.2 Mb)||PDF (2.8 Mb)|
NYSESLAT 2013 Turnkey Training Materials
- NYSESLAT 2013 Scoring Guide (4.1 Mb)
- NYSESLAT 2013 Rubrics: Speaking and Writing Modalities (196 Kb)
- Writing and Speaking Powerpoint Presentation (1.3 Mb)
- Turnkey Training Speaking Exemplars (from CD)
2013 NYSESLAT Parent Guide (all languages) - Posted, 4/30/13
This informational brochure describes NYSESLAT and how it measures the progress of English language learners.
Procedures for Requesting, Shipping, and Storing of Materials for the Spring 2013 Administration of the New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT) (77 Kb) - Updated, 10/11/12
Worksheet for Developing Online Requests for NYSESLAT (26 Kb) - Updated, 10/11/12
NYSESLAT Administration by Birth Date/Age for Ungraded Students in the 2012–13 School Year (30 Kb) - Updated, 10/11/12
General Information — 2012
NYSESLAT — Determining an English Language Learner’s English Performance Level (254 Kb) — August 2012
- NYSESLAT Guide to the Spring 2012 Parent Report
- This guide will help you understand the scores on your child’s report.
- Item Maps - Updated, 10/2/12
- Teacher Recruitment Information:
- This information is for bilingual/ESL teachers interested in participating in the various NYSESLAT test development activities. A recruitment form as well as tentative dates are available - February 6, 2007.