The Office of Educational Management Services provides technical assistance and oversight regarding the management of New York State school districts and BOCES and their use of education resources. Specific areas of responsibility include district management services, pupil transportation, BOCES (all aspects), school district organization, contracts for excellence, district budget data and regents state aid proposal development. The office provides support for legislative and regulatory initiatives as well as guidance on required reporting and timelines (property tax cap, budget notice, tax freeze, administrative salary disclosure, etc.).
A subset of Educational Management Services is District Management Services. Here you will find information on functions of school districts and BOCES including Budgeting, Purchasing, Accounting and Auditing, Internal Controls, Payroll, Taxation and Best Practices (in development). It provides pertinent regulations, laws, forms and guidance documents including frequently asked questions and handbooks that can be used to ensure school district compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- 2015-2016 SCHOOL DISTRICT BUDGET VOTE RESULTS
- From the Division of the Budget - A reminder of the June 1, 2015 deadline for tax freeze compliance submissions for school districts.
- The 2015-16 School Administrator Salary Disclosure data is now available. (470KB)
- 2015-16 Boces Administrative Budget Vote (36KB)
- Best Practices In Business Operations Of
Public School Districts - NYSASBO (2,324KB)
- The 2015-16 Property Tax Report Card data is now available.
- Smart Schools Bond Act (SSBA)
- 2015-16 School District Budget Notice form is now available (63 KB)
- Government Efficiency Plans
- Important information for Federal Grant Administration
- Extra Classroom Activity Funds (for Central Treasurer, Faculty Auditor and All Faculty Advisors)
- 2015 Budget Deadlines