The Office of Educational Management Services provides technical assistance and oversight regarding the management of New York State school districts and BOCES and their use of education resources. Specific areas of responsibility include district management services, pupil transportation, BOCES (all aspects), school district organization, contracts for excellence, district budget data and regents state aid proposal development. The office provides support for legislative and regulatory initiatives as well as guidance on required reporting and timelines (property tax cap, budget notice, tax freeze, administrative salary disclosure, etc.).
A subset of Educational Management Services is District Management Services. Here you will find information on functions of school districts and BOCES including Budgeting, Purchasing, Accounting and Auditing, Internal Controls, Payroll, Taxation and Best Practices (in development). It provides pertinent regulations, laws, forms and guidance documents including frequently asked questions and handbooks that can be used to ensure school district compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- 2017-18 Property Tax Report Card and Administrator Salary Disclosure Forms are now available on the Business Portal.
- 2017 Budget Deadlines Now Available
- 2017-18 Property Tax Report Card Form and 2017-18 Budget Notice Form are now available.
- Revised Smart Schools Bond Act (SSBA) Smart Schools Investment Plan (SSIP) application now available for new submissions.
- Revised Smart Schools Bond Act (SSBA) FAQ and Guidance now available.
- The Special Education Smart Schools Bond Act (SSBA) Smart Schools Investment Plan (SSIP) submission application is now available on the Business Portal.
- Implementation Guidance for Smart Schools Bond Act appropriations for NYS-approved in-State Day and Residential Schools serving students with disabilities.
- SSBA Expenditure Reimbursement Claiming System now available on the Business Portal. NOTE: Superintendents must entitle staff to the application through SEDDAS, in addition to their current rights to the Smart Schools Investment Plan survey. Please contact us at Smartschools@nysed.gov if you need assistance with gaining access to the Claiming System. Please review the Guidance and FAQs on the Smart School's website.
- Updated SSBA Accounting Guidance FAQ
- 2016 Audit Reference Manual Now Available
- 2016-17 Property Tax Report Card, Budget Notice and Administrator Salary Disclosure
- 2016 Budget Revote Results Available
- 2016 Budget Vote Results Available
- 2016-17 Administrator Salary Data
- 2016-17 Property Tax Report Card Data
- From the Office of the New York State Comptroller - Handling Nassau County 2015-2016 School Tax Levies/LIPA PILOTs: Filing Tax Cap Form for 2016-17 School Year
- The Internal Auditor Exemption Forms for school districts and BOCES have been replaced with an online submission application located on the Business Portal.
- Inflation factor for calculation of the school district property tax cap for school year 2017-18 now available.
- From the Division of the Budget - A reminder of the June 1, 2015 deadline for tax freeze compliance submissions for school districts.
- Best Practices In Business Operations Of
Public School Districts - NYSASBO
- Government Efficiency Plans
- Important information for Federal Grant Administration
- Extra Classroom Activity Funds (for Central Treasurer, Faculty Auditor and All Faculty Advisors)