Perkins Application and Guidance for Secondary Programs
In the absence of Congressional action to reauthorize Perkins IV, section 422(a) of the General Education Provisions Act automatically authorizes an appropriation on a year-to-year basis. In extensions years, funding beyond one year is not certain. Programs are advised to develop efforts that can be completed in a single year, or funded through other means beyond the first year.
What’s new on the 2016-17 Perkins application for secondary programs?
- requirement to correct data collection and reporting deficiencies in 2S1 and 5S1.
- links to Perkins resources and reminders about grant requirements have been added (underlined text)
- details regarding data collection highlight areas needing attention (underlined text)
Fund use agreement form ( 20KB can be used to prepare multiple forms in Word, and print from computer)
Report cards are presented in two pages. Page one, will show the main report: indicators 1S1, 1S2, 2S1, 3S1, 4S1, 6S1 and 6S2. Page two will show 5S1. To see the 5S1 report, scroll down from the main report page or click on the bookmark in the left navigation panel.
The PDF file opens with the bookmark panel dislplayed when using Internet Explorer. If using Chrome or Firefox, the bookmark panel must be opened by clicking on an icon, and clicking on Grantee Report Card folder to expand list ( both highlighted in yellow below).
- Checklist ( , 56KB)
- Grant Budget and Budget Amendment Forms (FS-10 and FS-10A)
- Approved Programs
- Nontraditional Career Titles and CIP Codes for Females ( 149 KB)
- Nontraditional Careers Titles and CIP Codes for Males ( 53 KB)