State Environmental Quality Review (SEQR) Changes in Effect as of September 1, 2001
Regarding SHPO correspondence in SEQR process: PLEASE identify all building projects completely in letters sent to SHPO. When drafting the required letters for your projects to New York State Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation, it is important that you completely identify each one by District Name, County and Project Number. Incomplete information prevents SHPO from using the district name and SED number when corresponding to districts, architects and SED. If SHPO can reference the appropriate SED number, we can route letters to the appropriate individual for handling, response, and storage in the appropriate project file.
REMEMBER: We maintain files on over 2,000 projects per year on over 8,000 facilities ! Please help us.
Letter of Resolution (5.57MB) - new rules for reconstruction process on eligible buildings (11/4/10)
Project Review Exemption Checklist (82KB) (02/11/11)
Please also refer to the following links to the US Secretary of the Interior Standards for Rehabilitation, and Preservation Briefs:
- Secretary of the Interior Standards for Rehabilitation (11/5/10)
Preservation Brief 1 - Assessing Cleaning and Water-Repellant Treatments for Historic Masonry Buildings (11/05/10)
- Repointing Mortar Joints in Historic Masonry Buildings (01/18/11)
- SEQRA and Building
- SEQR - New Guidelines (419KB) ( 8/16/01)
- SEQR - Approval of Preliminary Plans (08/16/01)
- Scope of Proposed Project Form (14KB) (03/14/03)
- Scope of Proposed Project Form (53KB) (03/14/03)
- The SEQR Cookbook (310KB)
- SEQR - NYSDEC WEBSITE : Please view this site for comprehensive information on SEQR requirements and process.