Running a School
- Administering State Assessments
- Annual Fire Inspection
- Basic Educational Data System (BEDS) Reports
- Federal Programs
- Funding Opportunities
- Instructional Materials Aids - Information and Legislation
- Records Retention and Disposition Schedule
- Mandated Reporters of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Mandated Services Aid
Instructions for completing the BEDS Report of Nonpublic Schools, the BEDS Report on Nonpublic Schools, and the BEDS Addendum for schools applying for a BEDS code for may be found at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/beds/
Questions about the BEDS forms should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The NCLB Act of 2001: Benefits to Private School Students and Teachers
- Title III and Title IX: Equitable services to students in nonpublic schools (14KB)
- Question and Answers on equitable services under Title III
- Publications Related to Nonpublic Education from the U.S. Department of Education
- Publication on State Regulations of Private Schools
The following opportunities are available for eligible nonpublic schools in New York State:
- Academic Intervention for Nonpublic Schools (AIS)
- Comprehensive Attendance Program (CAP)
- Learning Technology Grant Program (LTG)
- Mandated Services Aid (MSA)
For more information about funding, please visit: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/nonpub/fundingopportunities/
- Treatment of Costs for Reproduction of Common Core Materials under the Instructional Materials Aids programs (26KB)
- Textbook Loan Program
- Computer Software Loan Program
- School Library Materials Loan Program
Please reference the Handbook on Services to Pupils Attending Nonpublic Schools for additional information.
OSC Vendor IDs and NYSED Substitute Form W-9
In order to claim reimbursement for Mandated Services, nonpublic schools are required to have a Vendor record established in the Statewide Financial System and obtain an OSC Vendor ID number. While many schools have responded to initial requests from the Office of the State Comptroller and/or subsequent request from the State Education Department and been assigned a the Vendor ID, there are many that have not complied. This will affect your ability to claim Mandated Services and CAP.
Mandated Services Online Training
Need help with the web-based computer system to file your claim online? Sign up for training!