To foster high quality public education options for all students, families, and communities.
To create a diverse portfolio of innovative charter schools that produce strong outcomes through a rigorous new school process, strong performance oversight and accountability, and model authorizing practices. The charter schools authorized by the Board of Regents will serve as exemplars for all public schools here in New York State and across the country.
Charter School Office News
- 3/13/17 - Guidance Regarding the Transfer of Students Attending Charter Schools Operated by the Same Education Corporation
- 3/10/17 - Weighted Lottery Generator
- 2/27/17 - Letters of Intent for Round 1 of the 2017 RFP
- 2/2/17 - Information Session
For Those Interested in Establishing a Charter School
- 1/30/17 - School Safety and VADIR Resource Training
- 1/25/17 - 2017 Request for Proposals (RFP) to Establish New York State Charter Schools Authorized by the Board of Regents
- 11/16/16 - Updated Charter Revision Guidance for Board of Regents-Authorized Charter Schools
- 11/16/16 - Resource: Resolving Parent and Student Charter School Complaints
- 7/25/16 - Updating Charter School Information on SEDREF
- 1/21/16 - Driving Directions to NYS Education Department Building
Other Recent Information:
Disclaimer: References or links on this web site to any specific external or commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the New York State Education Department.