To foster high quality public education options for all students, families, and communities.
To create a diverse portfolio of innovative charter schools that produce strong outcomes through a rigorous new school process, strong performance oversight and accountability, and model authorizing practices. The charter schools authorized by the Board of Regents will serve as exemplars for all public schools here in New York State and across the country.
Charter School Office News
- 1/10/17 - 2017 Request for Proposals (RFP) to Establish New York State Charter Schools Authorized by the Board of Regents Released for Public Comment
- 11/16/16 - Updated Charter Revision Guidance for Board of Regents-Authorized Charter Schools
- 11/16/16 - Resource: Resolving Parent and Student Charter School Complaints
- 11/15/16 - Three New Charter Schools Approved by the Board of Regents
- 7/25/16 - Updating Charter School Information on SEDREF
- 6/17/16 - 2015-2016 Annual Report
- 2/1/16 - 2016 Request for Proposals (RFP) and Application Kit
Other Recent Information:
Disclaimer: References or links on this web site to any specific external or commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the New York State Education Department.