The mission of the New York State Education Department Charter School Office is to create and sustain excellent educational options for New York State families on behalf of the Board of Regents through high quality charter school authorizing, fair and transparent oversight of all charter schools, and the dissemination of innovative school designs and practices.
Performance Framework for Regents-Authorized Charter Schools
Charter School Office News
- 8/28/15 - 2015 Round 3 - NYSED Announces an Additional Opportunity to Establish New Charter Schools
- 8/19/15 - Opportunity: SUNY has issued a 2015-16 RFP for NYS Charter School Stimulus Fund Grants -- Open to ALL Qualified NYS Charter Schools, Regardless of Authorizer. Please refer to this link for full details.
- 8/3/15 - New, Improved Enrollment and Retention Target Calculator
- 7/2/15 - 2014-2015 Annual Report
- 6/8/15 -The NYSED Charter School Office hosted a conference on May 12, 2015 centered on best practice sharing between charter and district schools throughout New York State. Schools participating in the New York State Dissemination Program—a grant funded through the federal Charter Schools Program—were able to showcase their work, best practices, and lessons learned. This conference highlighted the emerging outcomes of the 11 charter schools and over 40 district schools involved in the dissemination grant. Over 120 administrators, teachers, program directors, evaluators, and elected officials attended. Click here to view the dissemination conference video highlights.
- 5/28/15 - The Power of Collaboration: Making Education Best Practices a Reality. Watch the expert panel video from this month's conference regarding best practice sharing between charter and district schools throughout New York State.
- 5/19/15 – CSP 2015-16 Continuation Orientation Webinar slides and webinar recording (works better with Chrome) featuring specific instructions on closing out your current (2014-15) CSP grant and directions on how to apply for your upcoming (2015-16) year of funding.
- 5/13/15 - Updating Charter School Information on SEDREF
- 5/10/15 - The Power of Collaboration: Making Education Best Practices a Reality
You’re invited to come connect with fellow educators on May 12, 2015 to hear about the work, best practices, and lessons learned from schools participating in the New York State Dissemination and Replication grants! This conference will highlight the emerging outcomes of 11 charter schools and over 40 district schools involved in dynamic partnerships.
4/15/15 -The New EDGAR power point slides and webinar recording (works better with Chrome) featuring Tiffany Winters, Esq., from Brustein and Manasevit, PLLC. For those without a background in developing financial policies and procedures, a separate PowerPoint presentation tutorial may be helpful.
- 4/15/15 - Audit Guide (Updated April 2015)
- 1/27/15 - 2015 Charter School Request for Proposals and Application Kit
- 1/27/15 - Public Comment on the Draft 2015 Charter School Request for Proposals and Application Kit
- 1/20/15 - Driving Directions to NYS Education Department Building
Other Recent Information:
Disclaimer: References or links on this web site to any specific external or commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the New York State Education Department.