The mission of the New York State Education Department Charter School Office is to create and sustain excellent educational options for New York State families on behalf of the Board of Regents through high quality charter school authorizing, fair and transparent oversight of all charter schools, and the dissemination of innovative school designs and practices.
Performance Framework for Regents-Authorized Charter Schools (392 KB)
Charter School Office News
- 4/15/15 -The New EDGAR power point (14 MB) slides and webinar recording (works better with Chrome) featuring Tiffany Winters, Esq., from Brustein and Manasevit, PLLC. For those without a background in developing financial policies and procedures, a separate PowerPoint presentation (1 MB) tutorial may be helpful.
- 4/15/15 - Audit Guide (Updated April 2015)
- The Power of Collaboration: Making Education Best Practices a Reality
You’re invited to come connect with fellow educators on May 12, 2015 to hear about the work, best practices, and lessons learned from schools participating in the New York State Dissemination and Replication grants! This conference will highlight the emerging outcomes of 11 charter schools and over 40 district schools involved in dynamic partnerships.
Click here to RSVP for this free conference!
- 1/27/15 - 2015 Charter School Request for Proposals and Application Kit
- 4/2/14 - Updating Charter School Information on SEDREF (56 KB)
- 1/1/14 - Driving Directions to NYS Education Department Building
Other Recent Information:
Disclaimer: References or links on this web site to any specific external or commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the New York State Education Department.