The mission of the New York State Education Department Charter School Office is to create and sustain excellent educational options for New York State families on behalf of the Board of Regents through high quality charter school authorizing, fair and transparent oversight of all charter schools, and the dissemination of innovative school designs and practices.
NYSED Performance Framework for Regents-Authorized charter schools (392 KB)
Charter School Office Recent News
- 11/15/13 - 2014 New Charter School Application Timeline (154 KB)
- 11/7/13 - Charter School Draft Fiscal Oversight Guide (2 MB) (679 KB)
The public comment period will remain open until . CSO will accept comments via e-mail, fax, by hand, or by mail and will be hosting a video conference on December 17, 2013.
For your convenience, suggested revisions may be completed using MS Word (tracked changes) or Adobe PDF.
- 7/12/13 - Charter School Audit Guide Summary (35 KB)
- 6/21/13 - Application for Charter Renewal (Updated June 2013)
- 6/18/13 - 2012-2013 Annual Report Guidelines
- 6/13/13 - Audit Guide (409 KB)
- 5/30/13 - Power Point Slides on Audit Guide (1 MB) and Recording of Webinar training on May 30, 2013 (1 hr 42 minutes and 41 seconds, 1.16 GB)
- 5/30/13 - Power Point Slides on Allowability and Grants Management (1 MB) and Recording of Webinar training on May 30, 2013 (1 hr, 55 minutes., 35 seconds, 1.16 GB)
- 5/30/13 - Training Survey for May 30th Webinar (50 KB)
- 2/5/13 - 2013-2016 Charter School Dissemination Grant Program
Other Recent Information:
- The Technology Readiness Tool
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is preparing for a transition to computer-based testing, using the Technology Readiness Tool (www.techreadiness.net). Nonpublic and charter schools are encouraged to participate in the Technology Readiness Tool by providing a point of contact to NYSED at email@example.com. When you provide a point of contact for your school's use of the Technology Readiness Tool, s/he will receive an auto-generated welcome message to get started with the Technology Readiness Tool. A recommended point person could be your school's technology or data director/coordinator. Questions about the Technology Readiness Tool may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about the transition to computer-based testing, please refer to NYSED's computer-based testing webpage.
Disclaimer: References or links on this web site to any specific external or commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the New York State Education Department.