To foster high quality public education options for all students, families, and communities.
To create a diverse portfolio of innovative charter schools that produce strong outcomes through a rigorous new school process, strong performance oversight and accountability, and model authorizing practices. The charter schools authorized by the Board of Regents will serve as exemplars for all public schools here in New York State and across the country.
Charter School Office News
- 7/25/16 - Updating Charter School Information on SEDREF
- 6/21/16 - A Message about the New School Applicant Webinar on June 21, 2016
- 6/17/16 - 2015-2016 Annual Report
- 6/14/16 - Save the Date - New Charter School Informational Session
- 6/6/16 - Proposed Definition of an Entity That Provides Comprehensive Management Services
- 6/1/16 - 2016-2017 Charter School Basic Tuition Rates
- 4/1/16 - 2015-2016 Audit Guide
- 3/15/16 - Guidance for Use of the NYSED Weighted Lottery Generator
- 2/2/16 - Funding Opportunity: 2016-2019 Charter School Dissemination Grants
- 2/1/16 - 2016 Request for Proposals (RFP) and Application Kit
- 1/26/16 - Final SED Guidelines for Submitting an Application for
- 1/21/16 -
- 1/21/16 - Driving Directions to NYS Education Department Building
- 1/20/16 - Guidance Regarding Basic Tuition Payments to Charter Schools
- 1/6/16 - Charter Fiscal Oversight Webinar held on 12.2.15
Other Recent Information:
Disclaimer: References or links on this web site to any specific external or commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the New York State Education Department.