2012 Charter School News Archives
12/6/12 - 2012 RFP Round 3 Notifications of Withdrawal
12/6/12 - 2012 RFP Round 2 Notifications of Withdrawal
11/8/12 - Charter School Requirements and Timeline for Submitting Staff Evaluation Rating Data for the 2011-12 School Year (56 KB)
- 10/31/12 - Because the damage due to Hurricane Sandy in many part of New York State is even more extensive than previously anticipated, the deadline for the submission of the Progress Toward Charter Goals and Independent Financial Audit components of the Annual Report to SED's Charter School Office (via https://nysed-cso.myreviewroom.com) has now been extended to 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 13, 2012. This deadline extension has been confirmed with the other NYS charter school authorizers for submissions previously due to them on Nov. 1. We may consider additional extensions for affected areas once the full extent of the damage is determined. Thank you.
- 10/11/12 - 2012 Round 3 Notification Letters of New Charter School Applications
- 10/1/12 - Updating Charter School Information on SEDREF (56 KB)
- 9/26/12 - Director's Message for Board of Regents Authorized Schools - 2012-2013 Back-to-School Update (81 KB)
- 9/7/12 - Additional Guidance regarding Educator Evaluation for Charter Schools Participating in Race to the Top (38 KB)
- 8/30/12 - 2012 RFP Round 2 Notification Letters
- 7/24/12 - 2011- 2012 Charter School Annual Report Guidelines
- 7/16/12 - Methodology for Setting Charter School Enrollment and Retention Targets as Required by the NYS Charter Schools Act - Updated Information (NEW!)
- 7/16/12 - Request for Proposals: Consultant Support for Charter School Performance Oversight and Application Review, Due August 21, 2012
- 7/16/12 - Request for Bids from New York State Certified Public Accounting Firms to develop a Charter School Audit Guide, due by 5:00 PM on August 3, 2012.
Guide (68 KB) Rubric (71 KB) Budget Form (43 KB)
- 7/10/12 - School Health Services Webinar: July 17, 2012
- 6/20/12 - Public Notices for Hearings related to the Co-Location of Regents-Authorized Charter Schools in NYC for the 2012-13 School Year
- 6/7/12 - Charter School Applications - General Information and Updated Submission Protocol video (655 MB, 38 minutes and 12 seconds)
- 5/29/12 - Call for Peer Reviewers to evaluate Round 2 charter school applications in late July through August. Please contact the Charter School Office by July 3 if you are able to support the Round 2 review process.
- 5/18/12 - Proposed Methodology for Setting Charter School Enrollment and Retention Targets as Required by the NYS Charter Schools Act - Information Available for Review and Public Comment through 5/29/12
- 5/4/12 - Required Enrollment and Retention Targets for At-Risk Students - Rescheduled Webinar May 11, 2012 (48 KB)
5/3/12 - Notification of 2012 Round 1 New Charter School Application Withdrawals
- 4/27/12 - Public Notice for Hearing regarding the re-issuance of a charter to the Amani Public Charter School within the Mount Vernon City School District English (123 KB) Spanish (113 KB)
- 4/18/12 - Teacher-Student Data Linkage Verification Reports – Charter School Guidance (69 KB)
- 4/2/12 - Special Education Services in Charter Schools
- 3/23/12 - Director's Message - Updates from NYSED
- 3/7/12 - Notification of 2012 Round 1 New Charter School Applications
- 2/10/12 - CSP Request for Funds – Submitting FS-25 Forms
2012 Other Recent News
2010 Charter School News Archives
Back to the Top
Disclaimer: References or links on this web site to any specific external or commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the New York State Education Department.
March 24, 2014