Our mission is to provide a foundation of learning that will enable students
to become independent, self-respecting and contributing adults
in a multi-cultural society.
We will provide a learning environment, based on excellence
and teamwork, that puts achievement and independence within the reach of
NYSSD will fulfill its mission by:
- Setting high expectations where each student will grow socially, emotionally and intellectually.
- Providing a variety of quality educational and social opportunities.
- Insuring that our programs are relevant, challenging and exciting four our students.
- Modeling behaviors, communication and problem solving skills we want students to learn and use.
- Measuring educational excellence through continuous professional growth.
- Focusing our human and fiscal resources to achieve our mission.
- Maintaining a collaborative relationship between
NYSSD and SED.
NYSSD will be known for:
- Providing a safe learning environment.
- Building partnerships with students, parents, staff, the community and other schools.
- Recognizing the diversity and individuality of each student.
- A school that measures our accomplishments, celebrates our successes, and is committed to a culture that is always improving.
- Having all staff share accountability for student achievement and gaining independence.
- Having the courage to speak up for the needs of our students.