Parent / Deaf Infant Program Brochure
For deaf and hard of hearing babies (0-3 years) and their families
Early services are important for babies with hearing loss
A baby’s ability to acquire language begins at birth. Hearing loss interferes with normal speech and language development. With early training, families learn about their choices for their child and what they can do to develop their child’s language.
- Full home-based services for families with deaf and/or hard of hearing babies, birth-3years of age.
- Family focused, home-based program emphasizing each family's priorities and needs.
- Specialized services for ALL modes of communication (COCHLEAR IMPLANTS, HEARING AIDS, SIGN LANGUAGE).
- Parent support groups & Family gatherings.
- Playtime & Music class incorporated with preschool students at the New York State School for the Deaf.
- Additional Support Services available at NYSSD for families including: Audiology and Psychology.
- Consultation Services if your child is in another program.
Please contact The New York
State School for the Deaf with any
questions regarding the Parent/Deaf Infant Program.
We take pride and pleasure in
helping those children in need of
315-337-8400 ext. 8411 or 8223
or by mail:
New York State School for the Deaf
401 Turin St
Rome, NY 13440
See this brochure in PDF (843KB)